Wednesday, March 4, 2020

4 Things you NEED to say goodbye to in 2018

Unlike many others I didn’t go out partying or holidaying this New Years holiday weekend (not that I am complaining or regretting anything); it’s just that I am acknowledging how I got more time to ponder over how do I wish to begin my New Year 2018.
While I was trying hard to make my New Year’s resolutions list, I kept sliding back into the thoughts that reminded me how my 2017 went by… And, all of this made me realize that before I embark on a new journey, I needed to let go of a few things first.
So, this year I won’t be working on new things, in fact, I would try to let go of these few things…

1. Goodbye to rampant social media addiction
As I didn’t go on any holiday or to any party this New Years, as an obvious fact I didn’t have anything to post on my social media timelines. This kind of made me a bit uncomfortable for the first few hours of New Year, which also made me realize that I was totally throwing away the memorable moments that I lived with my family and my dog. Most of us would hate to admit, but we are now being driven by social media milestones, more than in our actual life, for example: getting maximum likes on photos, going on a luxurious holiday mid-year, check-ins every week, posting engagement and marriage announcements etc.
Do you remember any special moment from 2017, of which you don’t have a social media proof?

2. Goodbye to toxicity
Stop tagging along with the baggage from the past. It’s not always about memories, sometimes an individual's presence can also trigger exhaustion in life. There are times when we really work hard to move on, but the presence of such toxic people hold you down. So this year, instead of working hard on making more good memories and meeting new people, try to forego the presence of toxic people/memories from the past- a job/relationship rejection, fear of failure, let go people that make you feel vulnerable, the idea of giving up on career, love, marriage or friendship, etc. Sometimes, even the tiniest of toxicity could rob you of your peace...
Can you identify the ones (people or memories) that made your life a living hell in this past one year?

3. Goodbye to plastic healthy habits
Like many of you, I too have invested a great deal of money in ordering healthy salads online (boasting of having a mom's touch), getting multiple gym memberships, trying online weight loss gimmicks (dadi maa's nuskhe), etc. I would hate to admit, but I lost a fair sum of money and time in past one year, and not a single pound of weight, stress, anxiety, and depression. Moving forward I have decided to let just the One-man army (my mother) handle my health. Trust me, if your mother could raise you just fine, up until you took the matter into your own hands (and ruined things beyond repair), then she can manage your leftover mess as well. Remember, how she ensured you ate healthily, had a fair amount of time involving physical activities and kept you immune to any climatic flu? So this year, let her decide and prepare your meal plan, spend time with her, and make sure that you spend at least an hour playing outside and not slugging inside a closed gym. I am guessing that you never smoked and got drunk in your childhood, right?
Calculate the amount of money and time that you spent on (plastic) healthy eating in last one year? (Go and give that money and time to your mother, and let her make you healthy again...)

4. Goodbye to self-doubt and mediocrity
Did you spend 2017 hesitating over that a solo trip (fearing safety), asking for a raise/promotion or saying NO to your boss's bizarre approach (fearing over losing job), investing in big return plans (fearing over losing money), buying property, or chasing your dream, etc? This has got to stop. Wonder who comes up with these excuses, each time you got high of taking the risk? It's none other than your inner voice. So this year, say goodbye to self-doubt and settling for anything less than you deserve. Remember, only you can achieve Your Goal, but if you give up, someone else might Live Your Dream...

No comments:

Finding funds: On COP28 and the ‘loss and damage’ fund....

A healthy loss and damage (L&D) fund, a three-decade-old demand, is a fundamental expression of climate justice. The L&D fund is a c...